MGT Resources Limited is committed to conducting its business to avoid unacceptable impacts associated with its operations.
Specifically, we will:
- Consult employees, shareholders, suppliers and customers alike, in order to maintain high standards.
- Strive to minimise waste and conserve resources
- Endeavour to include environmental consideration in the design and refurbishment of plant and equipment as well as buildings and vehicles, applying and installing wherever practicable, current best practice technology.
- Communicate the company’s environmental policy and procedures to all employees and contractors and ensure that they have the awareness, skills, knowledge and resources to carry out this policy
- Establish and maintain an environmental management system and risk management systems appropriate to the nature of work undertaken and periodically review this to improve standards of performance
- Consult with the local community on their concerns, aspirations and values regarding the project establishment, day-to-day aspects of the operations and ultimate closure, being mindful of the links between economic, social and cultural issues
- Consult and work with the local indigenous people
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations as well as our own management standards
Our commitment includes continuous monitoring and feedback, in order to adopt a responsible and positive approach to environmental issues.